It's true! We're pregnant! Andrew and I are definitely ready to start a family and are just so overjoyed with this news! Of course, a deployment pregnancy isn't ideal... regardless, we're just so excited to be starting a family! I'm officially 6 weeks and 1 day along as of today!
I found out on September 4th, less than 24 hours after Andrew deployed to Iraq! Isn't that the way that things always work?!? I just thought my menstrual cycle was messed up due to pre-deployment stress. I decided to take a pregnancy test just for the heck of it... The test was very faint but it was positive. I called my mom and asked her if that still counted. She thought so. So the very next morning, I woke up at 5am (I couldn't sleep any longer) and took another test. Again, it was positive but very faint. I figured that I must be pregnant seeing as I received two positive results, however I didn't believe it because I didn't want to get my hopes up yet. I went to the doctors as soon as I could get in that very same day and received a definitely positive test result. Then I was just ecstatic!! I wanted to tell Andrew so very badly so I just prayed that he'd call me as soon as he landed in Kuwait so that I could tell him the news! Luckily, he did and was just shocked (but very excited) to hear the news! He said that this news brightened his day. I've been told that he was running around telling all the guys that he was going to be a daddy! So cute!
Hi Jeanette
ReplyDeleteI just the great news and was given this URL. Congrats!!
Sharon