Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Introducing Avery Kathleen Pohl!



Our daughter, Avery Kathleen Pohl, was born on Monday May 19th at 2:40pm. She was 8lb 1oz and 20 inches long. Andrew and I are absolutely in love with her!!


I went in to be induced that day at 6:30am. Upon arrival, I was 2cm dialated and 80% effaced and was given Petocin starting at 8:45am. Things got going from there and I had 2 hours of extremely painful contractions. I didn't know how much longer I could take. Luckily at 11am, the nurse checked my cervix again because I was in so much pain and found out that I had already dialated to 4cm and was 100% effaced! Talk about quick!! I was just happy because that meant I could finally get the epidural. After the epidural, I was feeling MUCH better! I had some friends visit and was just laughing and joking my way through my labor. At about 2pm the nurse came to check me again and informed me that I was at 10cm and ready to start pushing! It was crazy how quickly everything went! We waited a little while and then I began pushing. Believe it or not but I pushed for a total of only 6 minutes and then Avery was born. The nursing staff couldn't believe that the entire process was completed in one nursing shift! It was a whirlwind but I'm glad that I didn't have to labor for hours and hours. Maybe we're a little biased but Avery is absolutely perfect!! Below are a few photos... more to follow!

5 comments:

  1. OH Jeanette, I LOVE HER!!!!!! She is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! She is just beautiful and I'm so glad that your labor went so well!! Enjoy your time together and take LOTS of pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh she is a little sweetheart! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a beautiful girl, just like her mom. i thought i had it short with 40 minutes of pushing... but 6 minutes, that's awesome! can't wait to meet her. avery - love the name - shares a birthday with my sister-in-law. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!! You have a beautiful baby!! I can't wait to meet her. :)

    ReplyDelete