Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Avery's 2 month check up appointment

Avery had her 2 month check up today. She did great! She is now 11lbs. 1oz. and 22 inches long. She's in the 50% for weight and also the 50% for height. So she's right in the middle!! Avery was such a good little girl while at the doctors... cooing and smiling at the doctor while she was getting her check up. The doctor was extremely impressed by the fact that Avery sleeps through the night (most nights with a few exceptions) and she said that she was WAY above the curve on that one! The doctor was very informative and friendly. We liked her alot and will continue going back to her! The bad part of the visit is that Avery got 3 shots. I felt so bad because she was behaving so well and we had to go and upset the poor thing. Like you'd expect, she screamed her little head off and I cried as I held her. I couldn't help it when I saw the look on her poor face while she was screaming. She was in so much pain. Luckily she settled right down afterwards and even smiled at her Aunt Jenn while I held her to calm her down. The doctor said she might get cranky or get a fever from the shots but it's been a few hours and so far she's as content and happy as can be! I just love this little one! :) Here are some pictures from Avery's visit...
Aunt Jenn holding Avery in the doctor's waiting room.
Avery getting her ears checked
Avery sitting with me after her shots. She's trying to figure out what the heck just happened!!
Avery's "war wounds"!

4 comments:

  1. Shes getting to be such a chunk! I cried the first time too..but didnt cry this second time. Belle also was fine after her first shots, but not the second ones. So excited for our road trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shots are the worst!! i hate when brayden gets them:(
    She is such a cutie pie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is cute. I think it's funny that her 2 month stats. are soooo close to Eric's birth states (he was 10 lbs 1oz and 22in at birth). So just picture her right now, in your belly. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. stats... I can't spell this morning. :)

    ReplyDelete