Thursday, September 4, 2008

Avery & her allergies...

Avery has been sneezing more than usual. She also has very bright red eyes and has excessively watering eyes and a really runny nose. She doesn't have a fever but this morning, she woke up with a very congested cough and was spitting up a lot of mucus as well. Being the typical first time mommy, I took her to the doctors this morning just to make sure that she was okay. The doctor said that she was way too alert to have a cold and decided that she had really bad allergies. I know that I have very bad allergies in the Fall and now poor Avery has inherited that from me! To give her some relief, they put her on a very small dosage of children's Claritin. At first, I wasn't sure about giving her Claritin but then I figured that it was okay if that's what the doctor prescribed. Hopefully it'll give our poor Avery some relief!

On an unrelated note, yesterday was the 1 year anniversary of the day that Andrew deployed. It's been quite a long year but I'm so proud of how far Andrew and I have come throughout this difficult situation. Avery and I are very excited for his homecoming sometime this November!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Awww... sorry she's not feeling well, and YOU too!! Isn't today the one year mark since you found out that Avery was on the way?? I was thinking it was!! Don't worry... we're REALLY on the downward slope now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 year - wow...congratulations on making it through. I hope the last few months fly by!

    ReplyDelete