Saturday, September 20, 2008

Avery's first time at the zoo!

Avery and I went to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo in Colorado Springs today with Kylie and Wyatt Martin. The zoo is gorgeous, set right in the side of the mountain behind The Broadmoore Hotel. It was a beautiful Fall day as well as Military Discount weekend, how could we resist?!? I honestly thought Avery would look at one or two animals and then sleep through the rest. She proved me wrong. She took a quick nap in the middle of the day but other than that, she was up and alert all day long. I don't know if she was more interested in watching the animals or all the kids running around. She even got to ride on the carousel! More pictures to come!
A mid day nap at the zoo...
We just HAD to stop by her daddy's favorite zoo animals...the penguins! We even brought her stuffed one from home!
A mommy and baby gorilla. Too cute to resist taking a picture!

This video was taken of Avery at the end of the day. She just kept talking up a storm or making some sort of weird noise so I thought I'd capture it on video!


No comments:

Post a Comment