Sunday, October 5, 2008

Home made baby food!

Avery and I went on a mission today... We first went to Borders and picked up a few baby puree cookbooks. We then went to Walmart and bought ingredients and a food processor. I made my first two creations tonight. I made her pureed pears and pureed sweet potatoes. I made a big batch of each and put them into ice cube trays to freeze. Each cube is a serving so it'll last a long time.

It's a really cool feeling to make your own baby food! It's so simple and it's nice to know that she's eating fresh food without any of the "extras"! It's also super cheap compared to the jar alternative! Now for the true test... let's see what she thinks about it tomorrow! :)

Next on the agenda are butternut squash and apples!

2 comments:

  1. Cool! I had me some butternut squash the other day... with some butter and brown sugar to taste! Yum!!! I'll bet Avery LOVES the squash and apples!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome job!! You may have to water the sweet potatoes down even more to start with. I know she's going to LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete