Friday, March 6, 2009

Avery & her new walker!

All Avery likes to do these days is either explore around the house or pull herself up on the coffee table and just stand there. She'll just stand there for 15-20 minutes at a time! We decided that it was time to get her a walker to help her get better balance and encourage her to take some steps towards walking! Avery & I went to Babies R Us today and picked out the cutest walker... It's a walker that is a baby stroller that she can put her dolls in and push around. We got it home, put it together and then it was time for the moment of truth... Honestly, Andrew & I didn't expect much. We just figured that she'd stand there with it and maybe walk a step or two if we helped her out with it. Nope! She immediately started slowly pushing it and following right behind it ~ all the way across the living room! Once across, I turned her around and she proceeded to walk across it again! I still walk near her to make sure that she doesn't push too far forward and fall flat on her face because she can't keep up. She has also fallen backwards a few times, taking the walker with her. She cries when she has these accidents but that's nothing that a quick hug from mom or dad can't fix! But overall, we are just SO thrilled that she's taken to this with such ease. I swear, our tiny baby is just growing up more and more everyday!

1 comment: