I broke down and did something that I always said that I would NEVER do! I bought a "child leash" today for Avery for our flight home to Massachusetts on Wednesday! I've always seen child harnesses and leashes and thought that they were just absolutely terrible to put on a child. I was SO against them! However, now that I have my own very active toddler and will be traveling with her alone, I've given in! We have a 2.5 hr lay over in Atlanta and I want to be able to let her walk around and tire her out for the second leg of our trip but I will also have all of our carry-on stuff and her stroller. It's a lot for one person to manage! While shopping, I saw these little monkey backpacks with long tails that are basically child leashes but, psychologically, they don't feel just as wrong! LOL I bought one today and brought it home to Avery. I thought she might feel weird with this backpack strapped to her... Nope! She loves it! I took the tail off and let her walk around the house with her monkey backpack. It looks like she's going on a little expedition! It even has a little pocket for snacks or whatever she chooses to carry around. I think it's going to give me some peace of mind while at the airport. I can keep an eye on our stuff and let her have some freedom but will be able to be in constant control. Especially with all those strangers around!! I just had to share with everyone that I broke down and did something that I told myself I would NEVER do... :)
Having been in the same situation many years ago with a very, very active youngest (Emily), I think it is a much better solution that losing your child!! Wish they would have had them when I was raising mine...I would have definitely owned one.
ReplyDelete