Friday, September 18, 2009

A Fall outting to the pumpkin patch/petting farm!

Andrew & I took Avery to a great little petting farm on the outskirts of Colorado Springs this summer and we decided to visit again for their Fall festivities. It was a beautiful mild Colorado day! Just like last time, we visited with the pigs, sheep, goats, lamas, horses, ponies, camel, donkies, a miniature cow, chickens, ducks, and bunnies! Avery is still a little apprehensive about seeing the animals without me right by her side but she definitely has gotten more brave! As long as I'm by her side, she'll go up and pet almost any animals that she sees! Last time, she barely even wanted to touch them! We will visit an animal together and then she asks for "more more"! She can't get enough of them! She even took another pony ride! She remembered exactly what to do this time. I placed her on the saddle and she grabbed right onto the horn! I was trying to teach her to say "giddie up" but we settled few a few kissing noises to make the pony go! For the fall, the farm added a few more activities that I think Avery loved MORE than she loved the animals! There was a little train ride, a big hillside slide, a huge trough filled with corn that she could play in like a sand box and a pumpkin patch where she got to pick her own pumpkin. I think I got a bunch of cute pictures of our day but the camera battery died halfway through so I missed pictures of the pony ride and picking out a pumpkin. All in all, it was a very fun afternoon for Avery & I. If dirtiness is a determining factor of how much fun she had.... well, she had LOTS of fun! Extra long bath for Avery tonight!

Playing in the "cornbox"! She LOVED it! I think she could've played in there all day long!
When she got out, I had to shake corn out of her shorts, shirt & shoes!
She was instantly excited the minute she saw this train! We were able to take a ride around the farm and she LOVED it! It was great mother/daughter bonding time too... She just sat on my lap while I wrapped my arms around her and we took in the scenery together!
"Ok.... start this thing up already! I'm ready for my ride!!!!"
Say "cheese" Mr. Camel and Mr. donkey!

2 comments:

  1. That is one huge camel! I love the cornbox idea! Cleaner (?) than sand??

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great idea! Unfortunately, it wasn't cleaner than sand... the corn has some sort of dust on it. When she got out, her hands were black! But she had fun so... why not!??

    ReplyDelete