Friday, October 16, 2009

McDonalds!

The local McDonalds has a GREAT indoor playground! The weather has been so iffy these days that I didn't want to chance it at the park. It's the best indoor playground that I've ever found! It's for children that are 3 years old and under. This is ideal because the bigger kids tend to play pretty rough and that intimidates Avery. Not to mention, I'm always worried that she's going to get trampled. It's also a very diverse play area... it has a small area for little toddlers with just a few steps and a small slide and then it has a bigger climbing area that goes up high with a big slide for the more adventurous children! Avery likes to alternate between playing in the small toddler area and being adventurous and climbing up high. She had me a little nervous the first time she took off and climbed all the way up but I was quickly calmed when I realized that it's very safe in the way that they've set it up... no steep steps and it's totally enclosed. We've been to other indoor playgrounds that have very steep areas where if a small child falls, they could really hurt themselves! We tend to have to stick very close to her in those playgrounds. This one is great because we can just let her go explore by herself! She always knows where I am but I think that this helps with her confidence and independence. Avery has a blast and it's great for her to play with the other children and learn social skills. So far, she's been great at playing with the other children. She shares and is very nice to all the children that she encounters. It cracks me up when little girls (probably 3ish) treat Avery like a baby and try to help her up the steps and down the slide. She goes along with it but keeps looking at me like "Don't they know that I can do this on my own?!? Why is this girl helping me?!?" I can't help but crack up when this happens!

Ronald McDonald and his trusty canine companion on a wagon being pulled by a mule. Avery likes to say hi to the "horse" and always points out its hat. Then she always wants me to pick her up so that she can pet the dog! Although not part of the playground, it's a pretty cool decorative piece!
Our little adventurer... climbing way up high with all the big kids!
Sliding down the little slide! Today she got bored so she started sliding down it on her stomach! Our little Evil Kenevil!

No comments:

Post a Comment