Friday, December 11, 2009

Baby's 17 week doctor's appointment!

I went to the doctor's on Friday for a prenatal check up on baby #2 and everything is great! I hate calling our next child "#2" but until we know the sex (or something about this child), that's really the best I can come up with!! ;) I didn't get an ultrasound done but the doctor and I listened to its heartbeat. The doctor was able to pick it up right away and was very pleased by how strong it was! A strong heartbeat is always a good thing!! We scheduled the "big" ultrasound appointment for January 15th. The doctor likes to wait until her patients are 20-22 weeks along for this appointment because they take images of all of the major organs and want them to be fully developed before they do so. Of course, the thought of having to wait another month is excruciating to me!!!! Andrew & I decided that we're going to cheat a little... We found a company in Fort Worth that does 2d and 3d ultrasounds. We're going this Tuesday to get a 2d ultrasound of the baby and to (hopefully) find out its sex! So I'm hoping by this time next Tuesday night, there will be a frantic post on my blog letting the world know that we're either having another beautiful little girl or having a little boy! TBD!

On another note, I've been feeling flutters in my belly for the last few weeks. It's extremely sporatic and just barely there but I know what to look for this time around. However, just today, I swear I felt two faint yet distinct kicks to my lower abdomen!!!! So hopefully fluttering is going to turn into more kicking!! With Avery, my most favorite thing was feeling her move inside my belly. It was such a bonding experience to just feel her move within me. So, I'm so excited for this next phase to start with this baby!!

1 comment:

  1. So exciting! I can't wait to hear the results on Tuesday night~!

    ReplyDelete