Wednesday, January 27, 2010

24.5 Weeks along...

At times, it's felt like this pregnancy is just flying by! I guess having a toddler to keep me WAY too busy is part of that! I can't believe that I'm just a few weeks away from entering into the 3rd trimester! Whenever I forget, my body is sure to remind me though! My belly has popped and now I feel HUGE. I keep thinking that I wasn't this big with Avery but then I look back at pictures and I guess I was... I'm also starting to tire a lot easier and am having more problems sleeping. My back is also a constant reminder that I'm carrying a lot extra up in front! Oh the joys of the 3rd trimester!! At least it gets me that much closer to meeting baby #2!
No, we haven't come up with any names yet but it's a work in progress!! I know she'll have a name by the time she's born so we're not concerned. Before, I was just too busy to really realize that we are having another baby. But my nesting instinct is starting to kick in and I'm already planning what we need to get accomplished in these next 4 months before she arrives. I went to Babies R Us the other day to browse and was instantly thrown back into newborn mommy mode and can't wait! I just think back to how precious Avery was as a newborn and I think about how incredibly important Avery is to me and it makes me excited to think that I'm going to do it all over again with another baby! I wonder if she'll look like Avery or have different features. I wonder if she'll have Avery's same personality or be all together different. It's all very exciting! I'm also so excited to see Avery as a big sister! I think she's going to do great! She's always very concerned by other's needs, which is a great trait for a big sister to have! She's always trying to share her food with us (even the really good stuff like popsicles). She's even always concerned about giving blankets and a dolly to Bowen when he's sleeping!!!! I don't want to confuse her too much with my belly so I don't say anything about it. But we do show her the ultrasound pictures and she'll say "baby... night night... baby" and I tell her that it's "sister".
Andrew & I went to the doctors two weeks ago and the baby is right on track! All her tests have come back great and she's on course for a May 16th delivery date! If she's anything like Avery was, who knows when she'll decide to come but at least we know a time frame! The baby was just about 11 inches long and weighed 1lb. I also have to pat myself on the back because the doctor told me that I was right on track with weight gain. My pregnant body seems to love to pack on the pounds so I am NEVER commended on weight gain during pregnancy! LOL I had to make her repeat her praise to make sure that it was real! She likes to see women gain about 1lb a week and I'm on track for that! Yeah me!

1 comment:

  1. AHHH you look GREAT! Talk to that baby in there and tell her May 13th (claira's birthday) is a very good day to be born =-) I love you and I miss you

    ReplyDelete