Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Update...

It's only January 5th and we're starting the new year with a bang! We went to Wichita, KS to visit the entire Pohl family for the New Year. It was a great time! Avery had a blast seeing everyone, telling jokes and playing with her cousins.
Today, Avery & I went with her play group to the Fort Worth Children's Museum. It was so neat to explore everything that they had there. They had a mini grocery store with mini shopping carts and registers. Avery & I had a blast pushing the cart around and deciding which fake foods we wanted to buy. Of course, we were sure to pick up tons of her favorites... apples, bananas & oranges! Then we checked out at the register and put our cart away. That was probably her favorite area. Besides that, there was a hospital area with babies, an ambulance, etc. Of course, her favorite part was putting the nose aspirators up her nose. It was very smart of her to remember what they were for but as soon as she started that, I made sure to move along to the next display! LOL They also had a train building area, a building block area, a balance beam, a large stuffed real turtle and a toddler play area with balls and toddler toys. Afterwards, she and I walked around the museum for a few minutes, quickly checking out her favorite stuff... the cows, horses and dinosaurs! It was such sensory overload that her eyes closed within 5 minutes of getting back in the car on our way home!! It was nice to explore more of Fort Worth. We're looking to going to the Fort Worth Zoo once the weather starts to get a little nicer this Spring.
I'm now 21 weeks pregnant with baby #2 and everything is going along nicely. I'm officially past the half way point and feeling great! I've started feeling her kick more and more and am enjoying that. Andrew & I will head to Fort Worth on the 15th for our next appointment. No names have been thought of yet... Honestly, Avery has kept us so busy that we really haven't started to seriously brainstorm on names yet. We'll figure it out sooner or later... I have no worries! :)
While in Wichita, Avery's Uncle Matt caught this awesome candid of Avery (very seriously) playing the drums!

No comments:

Post a Comment