I had my 36 week prenatal check up in Fort Worth this morning. I will start seeing my doctor weekly from this point forward to keep track of my progress. My doctor said that everything is progressing perfectly and that she's "really very happy with my numbers" (ie: blood pressure, baby's heartbeat, urine samples, my weight gain, etc). I've gained less than 1lb in the last two weeks, the baby has turned into a head down position already and my stomach is measuring at exactly 36 weeks. I'm right on track! I've been having a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions recently so I was really interested to see if I'm dilated/effaced at all. I want to know if I still have a ways to go or if these fake contractions could turn into real ones over night. As of now, I'm not effaced at all but I am 1cm dilated. Not much but at least it tells me that my body is starting to slowly prepare for the labor process! Of course I wish I was a little more dilated because I've reached the point in pregnancy where I'm SO READY to get this show on the road. But at least this appointment gave me a little insight as to where my mindset should be... I at least now know that I am not on high alert at this point and can just try to relax for a few more weeks... If only I could sleep!! That would make life a little more bearable!
As for everything else, I really can't complain... I've had a healthy pregnancy and my body is doing what it should be doing. When I think about it, I really can't complain at all about this pregnancy compared to what I dealt with during the last few weeks of Avery's pregnancy. Almost exactly 2 years ago, I was dealing with an empty lonely house, uncertainty of what was to come due to being a new mommy, a deployed hubby and stress about him even being present at the birth and then all the while knowing he was going to leave again. This time I have 3.5 weeks left of just enjoying my little family and getting excited for our new addition! Sure, I'm uncomfortable but I just have to keep it all in perspective that good things WILL and are coming with just a little bit of patience! :)
Glad to hear all went well this morning, I was thinking about you today while I was at my appt wondering how yours was going. All went well at mine and baby is huge! 5lbs 7ozs was thier guess this morning, so we'll see how big he gets, HA!
ReplyDelete