Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Drawing!

Avery has had chicken pox for two and a half weeks now. I first noticed them when she developed them on her face and it was accompanied with a fever. I immediately took her to the doctors but they diagnosed it as "bug bites" because she's had the vaccine and because the pox were only on her face, arms & legs. There were no pox on the trunk of her body. They said that the fever was just a "coincidence". This didn't really sound right to me but I went with it since I'm not a doctor! I went home and scoured Avery's room with the vacuum and stripped her sheets, etc! Some bug was eating my child alive and I was going to find it! Her fever went away after a few days but she was still waking up with new spots everyday. After a week had gone by and she was looking worse, I trusted my gut and called the doctors again and took her in again and was determined to get a better answer. They changed their mind at this visit and said that it was indeed chicken pox! I was not happy that she got this illness but I am relieved to finally know what it was and that some mysterious bug wasn't eating my child alive!! They insisted that it shouldn't be contagious anymore since she didn't have a fever. To be on the safe side, we've stayed at home for the past week. I decided to take her to the gym yesterday so I called the doctor's office to get a note verifying that Avery wasn't contagious for the gym nursery and they proceeded to tell me that she WAS contagious if she was still getting new pox. I pointed out the discrepancy from what they'd previously told me and that nurse said "sorry but she IS still contagious". I'm SO frustrated because this doctor's office can't get their story straight!!!!!! I asked them how much longer Avery should be getting new chicken pox and they said it should only last 7-10 days total. It's been 14+ days now... They said that she's only had them for a week and I said "no... she's had them for two weeks." The nurse said "maybe she really did have bug bites two weeks ago and she coincidentally developed chicken pox afterwards." I'm SO OVER this doctor's office and all of their "coincidences"! They said that I could take her in AGAIN and they'd recheck it but I don't even know if I want to! I'm afraid that they're going to tell me something else totally crazy!! I'm livid! I'm just going to keep an eye on it and pray that it clears up soon. Luckily, Sydney has not displayed any symptoms of the chicken pox so I think (hope) we're in the clear for her! Enough of my ranting!! Here's a video of our poor little sicky! ;(

Here's another Avery rendition of a spider!! She just started drawing them today and I honestly thought Andrew must've drawn it for her! Then, I saw her actually do it herself! Previously, she could only draw scribbles and circles! Now she's actually drawing real objects that you can tell what they are! Very exciting!

1 comment: