Sydney has been very adventurous with new foods and textures lately! I steamed a bunch of vegetables (corn, peas, green beans, carrots, etc) and gave them to her as finger foods and she did great! She's also eating rice, cut up chicken, cheese cubes, you name it! Tonight I made us all a spaghetti dinner. For Sydney's meal, I pureed some ground beef and fresh tomatoes for her sauce and then added some cut up noodles. She LOVED it! Being the smart mom that I am, I planned dinner right before bath time so I whisked her up to the tub as soon as she was done. She certainly needed a bath after this meal! Contrary to the video below, she was shoveling the spaghetti into her mouth. By the time I took the video she had slowed down a bit but she was being such a ham for the camera!!!!
On another note entirely unrelated to spaghetti... I'm very excited to share pictures of a new bedding set that I ordered online for Sydney today! With Sydney being 10 months old, I know that I'm a little behind on this but... I learned with Avery that babies don't really NEED matching bedding sets until they are old enough to appreciate it. Besides her sheet &bed skirt, her bumper and quilt sat unused in her closet for quite awhile! As it is, I'm SIDS paranoid so I have a breathable mesh bumper for my children until they're closer to one year old. After that, THEN they get the cute decorative one! Also, I don't allow my babies to have blankets until after one year old either. I'm thinking that this quilt might look really cute hung on the wall of her room as a decorative piece until she's old enough for a blanket (ie: She's at an age where MY paranoia is downgraded! lol) Previously, I hadn't really seen a bedding set that really jumped out at me. This one immediately jumped out at me when I was browsing through a circular that I received in the mail! It was meant to be! I hope that we'll be buying a house in Austin this Fall and I really look forward to painting the girls walls and decoratig more! I think a light lime green paint will look SO cute with this set! Oh all the endless possibilities!! ;)

This the bumper. They've broken it into four pieces... I really like this! Avery's bumper is just one long piece. She still has it on her bed but I have to tuck the ends under her bed now that I've converted her crib into a bed. It looks a little odd but it works. With Sydney's bumper, I'll just have to untie the pieces that don't work when the time comes! Perfect!

No comments:
Post a Comment