Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The Baby's 1st Ultra Sound!

I'm now 15.5 weeks along. My friend Jessica is a nurse and did the baby's first ultra sound tonight! The Army won't do it until 20 weeks so it was pretty cool to be able to at least see the baby! The baby is still too little for us to be able to tell the sex. Oh well, I didn't think that we would anyway… BUT I got to see pictures of the baby!!!! I even got a few to mail to Andrew! It was really cool to see it and see it moving about. This baby is a mover and a shaker!! It was moving all over the place! I still can't feel it yet but it was sure moving all around. When we first saw it, it was laying on it's head in some yoga-like position… ha ha! I got to see it's little head, the profile, a hand with fingers, the spine, the little legs and the heartbeating. It was even sucking its thumb for a few minutes! It was just pretty amazing to think that I have something like that inside of me. The baby's heartbeat is now 158. It was 160 at 12 weeks so it's still going nice and strong.

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool. I can't wait to go with you when you go for your
    3D ultra-sound while you are here for Christmas. Love mom

    ReplyDelete