Sunday, December 30, 2007

19 Week 3D Ultrasound

My friend Kim gave me a 3d ultrasound session for Christmas while I am in Massachusetts. I went to the session yesterday. My mother, sister and close friends got to come along! It was also really cool to see additional 2d images of the baby. She is getting so much bigger and looks more like a "real" baby. She is just very skinny and still very skeleton-like. She was really moving around a lot. She kept kicking her legs and moving her arms all around. She is also definitely partial to her thumb ~ she kept sucking it the entire time! I have started to feel her move around more often, however, it's amazing that I don't feel her move around more than I do considering all the moving she was doing!! I usually feel little bubbles in my belly but every now and then, I'll get a big kick that I really notice! It's a really cool feeling and I look forward to feeling it more in the future! :)

Because it's fairly early in the pregnancy and the baby is still very skinny, the 3d images didn't come out as clear as they normally would later in a pregnancy. The ultrasound tech suggested I wait for the 3d images until I was further along. I'm planning on coming back to Massachusetts to see my sister on her R&R in March so I will continue the session at that point. I will be 29 weeks along and the images should come out super clear. We should be able to see what the baby will look like (facial features, etc) with this 3d image! The visit wasn't a waste though... I got a dvd of the entire session and it shows the baby moving around, etc. I'm going to mail it to Andrew. I think he'll really enjoy seeing his baby girl moving around. Still images are cool to look at but it makes it much more real when you can see the baby moving all around. I can't wait until he receives it and sees it!!

One more exciting news about this visit is that the tech said "this baby is a girl, I'm 150% positive"!! I know it's not a guarantee until the baby is born but I'd say that we can plan on it being a girl as of this point... especially with a 150% confidence level! More news to come...

1 comment:

  1. Jeannette - Congratulations! I didn't even know you were pregnant. I stumbled across your blog from Shely's MySpace account. I am so happy for you guys. Check out our blog at cullinanfamily.blogspot.com

    Becky Cullian

    ReplyDelete