Avery is now a little over 8 months & is growing more and more every day! She isn't crawling yet but is SO close. She gets up on all fours but doesn't actually crawl. She does, however, travel around the living room by scooting and rolling. She definitely knows how to get where she wants without crawling. The nice thing about it is that we don't have to chase her around just yet! We're cherishing these days bc we know very soon we will have to constantly be chasing her and making sure she's not going where she shouldn't!
In terms of progress, she's also been experimenting more with different foods and textures. She likes anything pureed that we feed her ranging various from fruits, veggies and meats. She's also getting braver with different textures. She can pick small food up with her index finger and thumb. She snacks on Cheerios and little snacks with similar textures. Her favorite lunch is shredded cheddar cheese and either some turkey or ham cold cuts broken up into little pieces. She just sits there and eats away! It's so nice to see her gain some independence with things like that. The dogs also love this lunch meal bc they tend to get a lot of the left over pieces left in her chair when she's done.
She's also started babbling more recently. Her new favorite sylable is "da da". Unfortunately, she doesn't know that means daddy... she calls everything "dada". It's "dada" this and "dada" that! She even likes to tease me... I say "Avery, say mama" and she'll look right at me and without skipping a beat say "da da"! It's hilarious. I have caught her saying "mama" but when she sees that I notice, she quickly changes it back to "dada". She's a silly little one! Of course, Andrew gets a kick out of this. It's our little running joke. He'll say "Avery, who do you love more?" and of course she'll say "dada". Don't worry, I make it work to my advantage... when it's 6:30am and she's calling "dada" from her crib, I reluctanly roll over, look at Andrew and say "she's calling for YOU, you get to go get her"! LOL
One last major accomplishment is that she has started pulling herself up onto things. She pulls herself up onto me. She also has pulled herself up to the coffee table with a little assistance. Just last night, as I was making her a bath, she was sitting on my lap and pulled herself up with the tub so that she could look over into the water. So she has the ability and strength to do this, she just doesn't realize that she CAN do this so she doesn't pull up on everything in sight just yet!
Aww she's wearing the outfit I bought her..:) I miss you guys soo much!!
ReplyDelete