The time has come...
Whether we were ready or not, Avery climbed out of her crib during nap time today and was tapping on her bedroom door. I didn't hear any major crashes or bangs but I did hear the tapping at the door. Much to my shock, she just innocently looked up at me when I opened her door. I put her back in her crib and she luckily took a nap. After her nap, she clearly demonstrated that she remembered what she had done and could do it again. Knowing that she could and WOULD do it again, we decided to bite the bullet and turn her crib into a "big girl bed" and hope for the best. After her bath tonight, we let her watch as Andrew transformed her crib and she was very excited about it all. When the time came for her to go to bed, she cried for a minute and got out but we patiently put her back in her bed and did all the same routines as usual and haven't heard a peep since. So far so good... Avery is such a great sleeper. She'll usually sleep a good 12 hours a night so I REALLY hope that this doesn't change anything. We will see...
In the picture below, she's giving us her best "cheeeeeese" pose in her big girl bed! 
Yay Avery, hope the night went well and she slept well. She looks so proud!
ReplyDelete