I went to my 29 week prenatal doctor's appointment today! We officially have less than 11 weeks until I'm due (May 16th)!! It feels like SO far away yet so close too! I'm cherishing my last few months with just Andrew & Avery but also really looking forward to meeting our newest family member!! I took my glucose test today and it went well...
I have some good news to share from this visit!! First, I've only gained 2lbs since my last doctor visit 2.5 weeks ago. For some skinny people that I love to hate, this doesn't seem like such a big deal... However for me, this made my day!! I'm not dieting or working out to the extreme by any means but I have been trying to curb my cravings as much as I can and have been going to the gym or doing a Yoga/Pilates class when my schedule permits. This is HUGE news for me that it's actually working since I tend to gain weight like it's my job during pregnancy!!!!!
Second, as many of you know... I was induced when I was 7 days past my due date during my 1st pregnancy because Avery showed no signs of wanting to be born and Andrew had to go back to Iraq! It was very uncomfortable and stressful for me and I'm not looking forward to the possibility of that happening again. I asked my doctor today about her policy on induction and she said that she'd have no problem inducing me on my due date if I didn't give birth prior to that!!!! Woo hoo! That means that if I don't give birth early, then baby #2 could essentially have a planned induction date of May 16th (as long as everything is going well)! The prospect of not having to be overdue makes me almost as happy as learning that I only have gained 2lbs!!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment