Tuesday, April 27, 2010

37 Week Update...

I had my 37 week prenatal doctor's appointment today and am happy to report that I'm steadily progressing! My belly is measuring at 38 weeks and I'm 2cm dilated and 50% effaced (I was 1cm and not effaced 1 week ago). So we're not rushing to the hospital anytime soon but my body IS starting to slowly progress and get to where I need to be in order to give birth!! This is good for me because (if anyone recalls), I was only 2cm dilated and 80% effaced when I went to the hospital to get induced at 41 weeks with Avery! That was even with getting my membranes scraped twice with Avery too! I had very slow progress with Avery so I'm very happy that my body is starting to ramp up right on schedule this time. My doctor is still very happy with all of my "numbers" and says that she will be surprised if I have to be induced based upon my current progress. She thinks that I'm on track for giving birth on time, if not even just a little early! News to my ears!! I would love to give birth the normal way since I had to be induced with Avery. I'll take whatever I can get but I'd like to experience it normally, if possible.

On another note, Andrew and I have FINALLY narrowed the name list down to two finalist! We still can't decide which one it'll be but, for us, it's progress that we've narrowed it down even this far! We're both very happy with both choices so it'll probably come down to a last minute decision. Either way, we'll both be happy with whatever we choose so it's a "win win"! TBD!!!! ;)

Many prayers, good vibes (and whatever else everyone believes in) are welcomed our way at this point to get this show on the road!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on getting so far, and for narrowing down your list!! We're all waiting for wonderful news from the Pohl household on how things go, and hopefully soon!! We'd love to see a current pic of you prior to giving birth!! Avery looks like she's grown SO much in the last year!!! Everyone looks great!! Take care!!

    ReplyDelete