Wednesday, May 5, 2010

38 Week Check up...

I went to my 38 week prenatal appointment yesterday. I have been having MANY Braxton Hicks contractions, swelling, fatigue, aches, pains, etc so I had high hopes for some good news from my doctor of progression towards going into labor. To my dismay, I'm no closer than I was last week. I'm still 2cm dilated and 50% effaced. I think I got my hopes up a little too much because I have been feeling a lot going on with my body. I probably could hang in there easier if my body would just stop contracting and leave me alone until it's time! I'm a little discouraged (and hormonal) but am just trying to keep my chin up and keep chugging along. I'm going to see my doctor next Tuesday for my 39 week appointment and hope to hear better news at that appointment. I know that I'm not even 40 weeks yet so I should just relax a bit but it's been hard and I'm soooo ready! Everything happens for a reason though (as frustrating as that can be at times) so we'll just see what the future has in store one day at a time.

1 comment:

  1. BIG hugs, I feel you on the out of control hormones, I can't explain half of things I am feeling right now, lol.

    Don't stress that little one will soon make her arrival, spend some time enjoying miss Avery until then.

    Can't wait to meet the sweet little once she arrives though!

    ReplyDelete