Avery & I went to visit Andrew at his work today and had such a great time! I told her about today's trip before she went to bed last night and it's ALL she could talk about! She was just SO excited to see daddy at work and the helicopter. She even ran out of her room and came back with her two toy helicopters and insisted that they go to bed with her!
Avery chattered about daddy's helicopter the whole way there and was so excited the moment we pulled up and saw his helicopter. We brought Andrew lunch and visited with his co-workers and then went out to see the helicopter. When we visited Andrew a month ago, Avery didn't want to touch the helicopter or sit in it. She just wanted to say "hi" from a distance. Today was much different! She immediately wanted to "drive" it! She was so excited to get in the helicopter and push all the buttons. She even insisted that we close the door. Once the door was firmly shut, she poked her head out the window and told us "bye mommy daddy! See you soon"!
As crazy as this sounds, Avery & I have both never seen Andrew fly a helicopter! We've seen him fly over the house from a distance but never take off or land! For me, I always had to work when he flew before Iraq. And then when he got back from Iraq, he didn't fly because he was getting out of the Army. I've always been really bummed that I've never gotten to see him fly before! As luck would have it, they got a call and we were able to see Andrew take off! I wasn't sure how Avery would react due to the noise and the wind but she LOVED it!!!! Below is a video of Andrew taking off. Avery was just screaming "woo hoo, bye daddy!! Helicopter"!!! It helped that she was very accepting of Andrew being gone once the excitement was over and we headed back to the car. (Of course, my bribe of goldfish crackers helped the situation just a little!) She couldn't stop talking about the whole experience so I pulled the camera out and got Avery's commentary on film as well. Enjoy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment