Tuesday, May 11, 2010

39 Week Check Up... My LAST one!!!!

Andrew, Avery & I went to my LAST Prenatal appointment this morning! Woo hoo! I am scheduled to be induced this Friday, May 14th at 5:30am (just 2 days shy of 40 weeks)! So if everything goes according to plan, we will welcome our 2nd daughter into this world on that day! I can't tell you how excited we are right now!! All this waiting has been driving me crazy and my body is very quickly going downhill... aches and pains, swelling, sleeplessness, indigestion, restlessness, you name it! This baby is also moving so much that it's become uncomfortable and quite painful for me. Fetal movement is a very healthy thing and I'm thankful for it but does it have to hurt so darn much?!? She's just run out of room and I feel like she's trying to get out!! It feels like this child is huge... like 10+lbs but my doctor estimates between 6.5lbs & 7.5lbs. We'll see if she's right!

This also works out great for me, being "the planner" that I am! ;) My sister Jenn lives a few hours from me and will drive up Thursday night to be with Avery Friday. Jenn & Avery are quite close so this will give me peace of mind that Avery probably won't even know that I'm gone!! Andrew's parents are flying in that afternoon as well. Andrew's mom, Mary, will stay for a few weeks to help with all the postpartum transitions. The help will be VERY, well, helpful! :)

Ahh... I can relax a little now that I know WHEN the baby will be born and prepare! We still don't have an official name picked out for her. We have it narrowed down to two possibilities but change our minds on a daily basis. However, we have promised ourselves that she WILL have a name before she's born. Although she'd never know, I want her to have a name when she comes into this world other than just being known as "baby #2"! We'll see... I have a feeling Andrew & I will be tossing it back and forth at 5am on Friday as the induction is starting... at least we know we'll have a few hours to figure it out! We're both very happy with either name so it'll just be a matter of picking one and us not both being so indecisive!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so stinkin' jealous! I'd like to know when this baby will come out so that I can plan to have Eric home and have family book tickets! I still have 3.5 months and I have been feeling very stuffed lately. Its almost hard to take a breath. With Wyatt driving mt cuckoo, the belly is always tightening.

    I am so happy for you - Andrew at home, family on their way, and the baby on the OUTSIDE! :D

    ReplyDelete