Watch out world... Sydney Grace Pohl was born at 12:14pm on Friday, May 14th, 2010! She is 8lbs 7oz and 20 inches long and as healthy as can be! I'm having problems uploading pics to blogger right now but pictures can be viewed on Facebook.
My doctor previously promised me that she would induce me on my due date if I didn't give birth before that. After my 41 week pregnancy with Avery, I really wanted this second baby as soon as healthily possible! Since my due date falls on a Sunday, I was induced two days before my due date. Andrew & I arrived at Baylor All Saints in Fort Worth, Tx at 5:30am yesterday and I started the Pitocin at 6:45am. Upon arrival, I was already nearly 4cm dilated and 60% effaced. After a few hours, I was re-checked and still just a little over 4cm dilated. I was put on a IV type pain killer at that time. Andrew got a kick out of it because it made me quite loopy. I giggled, talked and acted totally weird for about an hour! LOL After that, the contractions started getting a little more serious and unbearable so I received my epidural. I didn't feel much pain for a few minutes but then I started feeling a lot of pressure every time I had a contraction. I was told by the nurses that it was just the baby's head pressing against me and my catheter and that I should receive some relief once she repositioned herself. It was a dull pain so I put up with it as best as I could. However, this dull pain quickly started to get sharper and sharper until I was unbearably uncomfortable. I called the nurse in again because I didn't think I should be feeling the level of pain that I was with an epidural. She rechecked me and I was 9cm dilated! I went from 4cm-9cm in just an hour! She called my doctor to come and I was giving birth within 30 minutes! Just like with Avery, I pushed for about 5 minutes and then gave birth to Sydney!! Unfortunately just like with Avery, I required quite a few stitches and repair because everything happened so quickly and also because Sydney is such a big baby. Nonetheless... Andrew & I were ecstatic!! Sydney looks so much like Avery and is just the sweetest thing! So far, she's been a very easy baby. We will see how things go once we're out of the comforts of the hospital and she starts sleeping less! Anyone that's had a baby knows how that goes! ;)
Avery came to visit me in the hospital Friday night and tonight. We've been talking about "baby sister" for awhile but I don't know if she quite knew what we were talking about. Avery likes the baby but I don't think she truly understands what's to come. She will soon!! It was a bit crazy on Friday night so she really didn't get to spend much quality time with Sydney. Tonight's visit was precious! She was excited to see her little sister again and jumped at the chance to help Andrew feed and burp her. She was excited to hold her sister when we offered her the chance and she knew exactly what to do! She held her arms right out and even soothed her with a "shhhh shhhh shhh baby" when Sydney started to fuss. Avery has had plenty of practice with her baby dolls so she didn't hesitate at all to help us with her sister. She was also suprisingly gentle with Sydney. She's going to be a great big sister!
Andrew & I are just so thrilled to have our little family complete!!
I was thinking about you yesterday wondering how things were going, glad to see everything went so smoothly and you have a happy and healthy little addition to your now family of four. God Bless and enjoy the sweet little moments. I can't wait to meet miss Sydney!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! What a great story, and so quick. I'm so happy for you and I love her name. Big hugs from Sue and Adelaide
ReplyDelete