Avery occasionally goes to Fort Carson's hourly care for socialization lessons as well as experiences on learning how to be away from mommy & daddy. We think it really has made a difference for her in terms of her ability to socialize with others and cope without us being right by her side. She seems to enjoy her time there, playing with other children, having lunch, nap time, outside play, etc but is always VERY happy to see us when we pick her up! She also goes to our church's nursery every Sunday for an hour while we're in the service. We have seen such a difference in her! In the beginning, goodbyes were heart wrenching and it took her forever to settle down! Now, she's definitely still NOT happy but willingly goes off and plays! The time it takes the childcare providers to calm her down now has drastically decreased too! When I peak in before I pick her up, she's always busy doing something fun! It's also been a good learning experience for Andrew & I! We always want to pick her up early or not make her go because we miss her! But we're always glad afterwards because we've gotten a little R&R and she's also had a lot of fun!
The point to this whole ranting is that today was Avery's last day of "school" (as we call it)! It is also a considerably colder day here. I picked out a new Fall outfit from Avery's closet that I LOVE on her! I think she looks like a little kid in it, no longer our baby! In these pictures below, she's riding around in her favorite Ice Cream truck before we have to leave for "school"! I just couldn't get over how adorable she looked all decked out in "school clothes" and riding her truck like a big girl! I had to take a picture and share it with everyone!!
She's so cute! The outfit is adorable - far from onesies huh? I'm glad that she's adjusted well to "school" - it is so good for them! Emmy's getting there too - today was a good day!
ReplyDeleteI haven't read your blog in soooo long. You will be glad you did this when you get to TX, she will adjust faster, in my opinion.
ReplyDeleteAnd congratulations!! I'm very excited for you! Can't believe it's been 2 years since we were starting up that deployment.