Friday, October 2, 2009

Road Trip to Texas!

We finally made it to our new home ~ Weatherford, Texas! My mom flew out from Massachusetts and helped me with the move and the drive since Andrew was in Missouri for training. The drive took a total of 10(ish) hours and 1.5 days! We started off last Friday night and drove for just a few hours and stopped in Trinidad, Co. We arrived in Weatherford on Saturday night. Avery was unbelievably good on the road trip. She was MUCH better than I expected her to be! After all, it's tough for an active toddler to be cooped up in a car seat for hours upon hours. She only had two fits and they were all nap related. I couldn't blame her! Below are a few pictures from our road trip!

We stopped at Pizza Hut somewhere in Texas for lunch on Saturday. They had a little arcade and Avery loved it! She particularly liked this car game. She knew exactly what to do!
At the hotel in Trinidad, Colorado before the start of our second day on the road!
What do Grandma's do best?!? Besides loving them... They introduce their grandchildren to candy!! This is Avery LOVING her first Twizzler! Between her two Grandmothers, Avery is quite spoiled with candy! On Avery's first birthday, her Grandma Mary introduced her to lollipops and now my mom introduced her to Twizzlers. Avery is addicted! It's a Grandmother's job to spoil their grand babies!! And of course, she insisted on holding mommy's "juice"! I swear she drank most of it! I kept saying that it was a good thing she was wearing a diaper based upon all the "juice" that she drank!
What do toddlers do when they're bored on a road trip?!? Get into the wet wipe bag and make a hat, of course! Hey, as long as she was happy... I was happy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment