As of tomorrow, I'll be 33 weeks pregnant with only 7 weeks left until Avery gets a baby sister!!!! We're cherishing our last month and a half with just Avery but also very excited to add another little one to our family! Avery has brought us so much joy that it's such a blessing to be able to watch another little one learn and grow the way that Avery has! Andrew and I are still working on names... we have a few thoughts but tend to usually wait until the last minute before we commit to anything!
I went to another prenatal appointment last week and everything is still looking really good! I only have gained a total of 27lbs in this pregnancy which my doctor and I are pleased with. I'm right on track with the goal that she set for me in the beginning. Of course, the less the weight gain the better but I'm average according to the doctor. This is one of those cases where being "average" is a good thing! ;) The doctor measured my stomach and said that I'm measuring about a week and a half ahead of where I should be but she said that doesn't mean anything and that it could even out. For those that don't know, I failed my 1 hour glucose testing and had to do the 3 hour one to make sure everything was okay. The test was quite miserable but I'm happy to announce that I passed and don't have to worry about the possibility of gestational diabetes. Other than that, I've been starting to get the normal late 3rd trimester symptoms... back aches, random aches and pains, pelvic pain, and a lot of sleepless/restless nights. When I start to get discouraged I just keep reminding myself that all of this is SO worth it because I know that it truly is! We really can't wait!! Anyway... that's the update! I figure that I write so much about Avery that I have to even it out a little for her little sister... If I know anything about little girls, I know that you have to make it even & fair! ;)
Glad to hear that things are going along well! I remember being very nervous before Emmy was born. I thought that having #2 would take away from him. Boy was I wrong! Even on the days when the baby takes up more of your time than Avery she will still know you love her and she'll still love you and her sister. It's a wonderful thing!
ReplyDeletexoxo
B