Thursday, March 25, 2010

Ice Cream Cone!!!!

Avery & I decided to salvage a gloomy, windy morning by going to the animal shelter to bring all of the dogs Milk Bones. Bowen was a little distressed as he watched us pack up his treats but it was for a good cause! I'm sure he'll get by with only his bacon flavored Beggin Strips... Such a rough life, I know! ;) After every single dog at the shelter received his bone, we made sure to say "hi" to all the cats, birds and horses as well. It was a perfect morning activity! Avery didn't want to leave but my pregnant body said it was time to go!!
For a volunteer job well done, we stopped on the way home for Avery's 1st ice cream cone! She is familiar with ice cream cones from her picture books, can say the word "ice cream" and has had a bite or two of the good stuff in her life but she's never been handed a cone of her own and been told to "go to town" with it! She LOVED it and nearly finished the entire thing!!!! She was sweet enough to share a bite or two with me and even teased me a little with it. At one point, she pointed the cone towards me and offered me a bite. Once I accepted, she abruptly pulled the cone away from me! With a very devilish grin and a wag of her finger, she told me "no no no Mommy"! What a tease! Remarkably, she didn't even make that much of a mess. I behaved myself and didn't get a treat of my own. Watching Avery enjoy one of life's finest pleasures was enough of a treat for me!

1 comment:

  1. look at those eyes!!! You can tell she really enjoy her very own ice cream cone.

    ReplyDelete