Avery was invited to a 3rd birthday party for her friend Sheri (a friend from our toddler play group). This is the first birthday party that she's been invited to since she's been old enough to really understand what's going on. She had a blast! There were at least 15 other children, all under 3 years old so there plenty of friends to play with! They had a small bouncy house that she loved. Previously, she's been a little hesitant of bouncy houses but not today! She got right into the action!! Unfortunately, I couldn't get any good pictures of her in the bouncy house... They also had a pinata at this party. I didn't know if Avery would want to participate or understand what they were doing but she did! As she was watching the older children hit the pinata, she looked at me and said "mama... horse! hit? stick?" How could I resist such a request?!? ;) I gave her the stick, not quite sure how this would turn out and she went and hit the pinata right away! After a few hits, she gave the stick back and then cheered on all the other children. You know you're at a small toddler party when the pinata breaks and candy flies all over the place and there's no mad rush to grab as much candy as possible. The smaller children all looked at us like, "what now?" and we had to tell them "go get candy!!!!" Even then, they all very slowly took their time to pick out the most perfect piece of candy and then proudly bring it back to their parents. Avery was no different! She brought me one teeny tiny lollipop and I had to tell her... "well, what are you waiting for?!? Go get MORE!!!" LOL Overall, it was a very nice afternoon. Mission accomplished: Avery played with friends, got to bounce and hit a pinata and went home with a sugar high! You know it's a good time when Avery is begging for a nap the minute we get home!! Needless to say, I happily obliged because I also needed a nap!



No comments:
Post a Comment